Parents » Health Services & Immunizations

Health Services & Immunizations


Student Mask Exemption Waiver

In connection with the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect the health and safety of our school community, Per the latest Federal, state, and local guidance, the Beaumont Unified School District will require students to wear face coverings when attending in-person learning on campus. The District recognizes that some students have medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from wearing a face mask or other face covering. This form should be used by parents/guardians who are seeking an exemption to this requirement. It is important to note that in order to receive a medical or disability-related exemption, the medical condition or disability must prevent the student from wearing a face covering.

In order to receive an exemption from applicable face-covering requirements and return to in-person learning (hybrid) this form must be completely filled out by the parent/guardian and the student's physician and returned to your school site prior to March 22, 2021.

BUSD Mask Exemption Form


Health Services

 On behalf of the Beaumont Unified School District (BUSD) we would like to take this opportunity to explain the role of Health Services and to ask your help in our work with your children.

children in group saying children learn better school nurses make it happen~Special Health Needs~        

If your child has any special health needs this should be communicated to the District Nurse or health clerk.  This information is kept confidential and it can be very important to a successful school experience.  Examples of such needs are as follows:

  • Food Allergy

  • Bee sting allergy

  • Allergy to any other substance

  • Difficulty with vision, hearing, speech

  • Need for medication during school day

  • Medications taken at home during the school day

  • Medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, seizures, and others.

  • Need for special aids such as crutches, walkers/wheelchairs, either temporary or permanent. These equipments, when used in school, must have a written statement/prescription from the physician. All equipments must be provided by parents/guardians.

  • Need for specialized physical health care procedures such as tube feedings, catheterization, nebulizer use, etc. These procedures, when performed in school, must have a written statement/prescription from the physician. All supplies must be provided by parents/guardians.

~Medication in School~

Every effort should be made to administer medication at home; however, if your physician feels that medication is necessary during school day, please submit a completed Beaumont USD Medication form to your child’s school. The form must be completed by both physician and parent before medication is brought to school. little boy trying to take his medicine

A new form must be filled out for each medication and must be renewed each school year. Administration of medication during the school day is permitted only with written directions from the health care provider and the parent/guardian. This includes over the counter medications such as Tylenol. The medication must be in the original container professionally labeled by the pharmacist for this purpose.

Students are not allowed to carry medication of any kind on their person, or to take medication without official written direction from physician and parent. Students are permitted to carry and self-administer metered dose inhalers with the written permission of their physician, parent/guardian, and submission of this permission using Beaumont USD Medication Administration form. 

~Emergency Telephone Numbers~

The importance of current Emergency Numbers must be stressed.  It is essential, for the protection of our students, to be able to reach someone in case of emergency. Please fill out the emergency card and return to school as soon as possible. 


It is important for you to notify the Health /Attendance office on the first day your child is absent from school.  Such information enables us to observe patterns of illness and to be of service to you and your child if the need arises.

~Screening Procedures~

Per California state law, students in various grades are screened yearly for visual acuity, hearing and scoliosis.  Parents/Guardians are informed of any abnormal findings by parent notification letters.

~Communicable Disease~

Your child should be kept at home when he/she has a disease such as impetigo, pink eye, chicken pox, head lice, flu, or any other communicable disease.  Your cooperation will help prevent the spread of these diseases.  Please contact the school nurse for further information on particular diseases. 

~Immunizations/Physical Exams~

California School Immunization Law requires all students K-12 to be immunized against diphtheria, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella (chicken pox). Students must meet the minimum age for initial vaccination and the minimum interval between vaccine doses as a requirement for entry. Your child may be excluded from school when any of the above requirements are not met.

School physical examinations are required for kindergarten entry or first grade who did not attend kindergarten. An oral (dental) health assessment is also required in kindergarten or first grade, whichever is his/her first year of public school. For more information, please review the materials below:

Little boy sitting on a immunization shot needle


 Shots for School Exemptions FAQ



To Contact Health Services
Please Call:
(951) 845-9579
Amie x134321
 Anna x134322


ALL IN For Health has designed a new tool to help families keep track of their child's basic medical information—like doctors' phone numbers, prescriptions, and allergies. Pass out this handy card to families with the Get Care Flyer and watch them reach their preventive health goals.

For more information, visit