Beaumont Unified School District offers comprehensive counseling services that are an integral part of each school’s total educational program designed to promote academic, career and personal/social development of all students. Each school site’s comprehensive counseling program has a developed mission, vision and beliefs based on the unique needs of the school community with input from key stakeholders from school, home and the community.
Beaumont Unified Counseling Services:
- Integrates the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) National Model for School Counseling Pre-K through 12 to provide age appropriate activities and services that are comprehensive, preventative in nature and based on the developmental needs of students at each grade level.
- Adhere to the Ethical Code developed by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) and American Counseling Association (ACA).
- Uses data to drive overall counseling program goals to determine that critical school needs are met.
- Are aligned with the District’s Mission and support the District’s Strategic Plan and Local Accountability Plan (LCAP) goals.
Questions and/or Concerns
Parents are encouraged to contact school counselors if you have questions or need assistance. The counseling staff can also provide information and referrals for more intensive services as needed. Please see below to access the contact information for all counselors within the Beaumont Unified School District.
The Student Services Department and the Counseling Program are excited to invite masters-level school counseling students/interns to complete a practicum and/or an internship in Beaumont Unified School District (BUSD).
Our School Counseling Internship Program has been developed to assist BUSD school counselors in partnering with an intern in order to positively impact student achievement while exposing future counseling professionals to evidence-based academic, social/emotional, and college and career programming within BUSD.
Prospective interns are encouraged to complete an interest form during the application window as soon as possible since placements are limited and registration will be closed once filled. Once the interest form is complete, the BUSD Counseling Coordinator will review the submission.
Before completing the interest form, please review the information below, so you can successfully complete the eligibility process. There are three separate steps that must be completed in order to receive an internship approval email. Completion of all of these steps helps ensure that Beaumont Unified schools have qualified school counselor interns working with students.
BUSD Counseling Intership Interest Form
IMPORTANT NOTE: Submitting an Interest Form does not guarantee placement at a school site. If you have questions, please contact the Counseling Coordinator at [email protected].
Completing an interest form does not guarantee an internship placement. Potential practicum and internship students must complete the site clearance process through Human Resources and an eligible site supervisor must be secured prior to any formal offers for placement. For additional information, please see the document titled, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Step 1: Complete the Beaumont Unified Counseling Internship Interest Form
- Prospective interns must complete the online Beaumont Unified Counseling Internship Interest Form, which requires general information.
- Prospective interns are encouraged to complete the Interest Form as early as possible. Please submit the Interest Form at least 4 weeks before the anticipated start date.
- Once the registration is complete, the BUSD Counseling Coordinator will review the submission.
Step 2: Site Clearance Process
After BUSD reviews the completed application components from Step 1, prospective interns will be sent the Site Clearance Form in an email notifying them of potential placement and site supervisor once final clearances are completed. Prospective interns must complete the Site Clearance Form and submit it in a timely manner.
Step 3: Pre-placement Internship Meeting
An initial in person or virtual meeting will be set up between the intern and the Counseling Coordinator and the approved PPS Site Supervisor to review necessary information and answer any questions prior to the internship start date.